Please Note: We are in the process of changing the names of the Home School Student Planners to The Self-Propelled Student Planners. This is a change in name only. The innards of the planner are identical to what you see here. You will know when the changeover process is complete when the pics on the site reflect the name change. Before that happens though, you will receive the planners as they are pictured here when you order. :)
Welcome to the home of
The Self-Propelled Student Planner!
Here is a little video of my youngest daughter,
explaining how she uses her planner:
The Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner
will change the way you approach your young child's education!
It will become the older student's lifeline to self-learning.
Music Edition shown
"What's UNIQUE about these planners, Joanne?" you may be thinking.
First of all, in case you didn't notice, it is a STUDENT planner ~ for students to use.
The Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner is all of the following:
- When a student has one of these planners, he has ownership of his education!
- Self-propelled students do not need to be micromanaged by their parents.
- These students know what is expected of them each day, and they work to the best of their ability, mastering each day's lessons along the way.
- Students record their daily work within the pages of their planner. They also have a place for recording notes on things such as chores, books read throughout the week, and places visited.
- Students have a page for recording what books and textbooks are completed throughout the year (because sometimes Moms forget by the time the next year rolls around). On the inside of the back cover, each planner has a grid for determining test and quiz scores which is super handy!
- There is even a place in the front and also the rear of the planner for placing a picture of the student at the beginning of the year and then at the end of the year. It's so fun to look at the physical progress a student makes as well as the educational progress!
It's a daily/weekly work schedule! View schedules.
It's a portfolio! Laminated covers are securely wire-
bound with a heavy slash-pocket in the back for storing
important assignments and papers.
It's a markerboard! The inside front cover can be used with
a marker board marker for notes, lists, chores, etc.
It's an attendance record! Undated pages allow you to know where you are at any point in the school year.
It's a grade keeper! Each quarter has a score sheet.
It's a goal-setting aid. Each quarter has a specially-
designed short-term goal sheet. See a sample.
Finally, The Self-Propelled Student Planner is a motivational tool for the classroom or for home education!
Young Children and the Self-Propelled Student Planner
When our children are very young--before they are able to read fluently--we as parents are teaching them and guiding them in each day's lessons.
Education in kindergarten through second grade is very
hands-on for Mom. Sometimes children older than second grade will still need Mom somewhat. Trust your instincts when beginning to allow a child freedom to work independently. There is no magical age when children are suddenly self-teaching.
Rather, it is a process of letting go.
In the early years, children need a parent to guide them through each new concept per subject, providing enough time for them to develop mastery of each lesson before moving on to the next day's material. Mom or Dad is teaching the lesson to the students, then gradually allowing the student to begin reading directions on his own as his reading skills develop.
Joanne's book, The Self-Propelled Advantage, provides in-depth information for parents as to when to begin allowing a student to work independently.
The Self-Propelled Student Planners provide a place for Moms to plan out a week at a time or a day at a time for the young student. This type of planning & implementation is called
Parent-Directed Learning (PDL).
Once your child matures and knows your expectations, he can begin writing out his own work schedule. This type of planning and implementation is called Student-Directed Learning (SDL).
To see what PDL and SDL might look like within the planner, click here:
PDL and SDL Sample Pages.
Please take a few moments to read the Theory Behind the Planner section. Here you'll
learn about older children and how they may choose to use their planners!
It is lengthy, but very informative, and will give you a much more detailed picture
of what The Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner is all about.
With The Self-Propelled Student Planners, you may never again hear the words,
should I do next?"
Did we mention the planners are undated?
This means you can begin your school year at any point and takes breaks whenever you'd like to or need to! You are not a slave to a calendar, and neither is your student.
- Each Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner allows for the meeting of the standard 180-day state attendance requirement while
still offering total flexibility in scheduling. For those students who do more than 36 weeks, the planner contains four bonus weeks of work schedules, so you are getting 40 weeks--200 days--of scheduling power.
- Keep an
entire year’s worth of records all in one place. No more wondering where to put important papers, where to keep scores, how to count days of school done, or how to know what has been accomplished in the entire year start to finish! Your student's records are all in one place! How easy is that?
An important key to success is organization.
* Each planner is divided into four parts called quarters.
* Each quarter contains nine weeks of blank work schedules. (Click here see a sample pages.)
* At the beginning of each quarter is a Goal Sheet, and at the end is a Score Sheet.
* At the end of the four quarters you have a place to figure Yearly Averages of scores.
* We've also included a spot for recording field trips and places visited throughout the year.
* And don't forget the page for writing down all the books that were completed this year!
* Finally, at the back of each planner is a sturdy slash pocket for filing important papers, pieces
of artwork, or anything you'd like to file and archive for posterity.
Relax! We've thought of everything to make record-keeping easy!
It is a fact that the more involved students are in the planning and execution of
their daily work, the greater their academic motivation and success.
The Self-Propelled STUDENT Planners are $22.50 each
and are available in the following full-color editions:
(Click image to see a description or to purchase)
Oh! And every Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner comes with THIS:
We understand that you may not know if you'll love our planners until you hold one in your hands. Now your student can see it, touch it, and even use it risk-free! We want you to be absolutely thrilled
with your purchase or your money will be cheerfully refunded!
Purchasing a Self-Propelled STUDENT Planner is risk-free!
This guarantee even includes the cost of shipping both ways. We only ask that if you are not satisfied, you package the planners securely in a box and return via USPS Media Mail shipping.
Why not test drive one today?
Go Ahead! Get the Self-Propelled Mindset Today and Become Underwhelmed!™